We would like to announce a new market in south county Dublin.
This new market will be held every Friday from 9.00am to 2.30pm in St O’Lafs GAA club, Holly Avenue, Stillorgan Business Park,Sandyford, Co Dublin.
Other stalls include,McNallys Organic fruit and vegetables, Aidan from”Out of the Blue fish”, Fresh Bread,Olives,Gluten free products.
Due to weather condition Saturday’s Green Door Market in Dublin was postponed until Sunday 4th March 2018 from 11am to 5pm.
We are looking forward to seeing you there.
We are looking for a person to assist in running our busy organic meat stall in
Dun Laoghaire Market every Sunday.
This work would suit someone living in this area.
If you are reliable and willing to work on Sundays this job might suit you.
Butchery experience desired but not essential.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to
with a short description of the relevant experience.
– Cutting and packaging of fresh food products
– Maintaining and ensuring the quality and standards of the product offering
– Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene of the work area
– Ensuring the proper handling of all butchering machinery and equipment
The competition rules:
- The promoter is: Coolanowle Organics Ltd. Coolanowle House, Ballickmoyler, Carlow, Ireland.
- Employees of Coolanowle Organics Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be 21/05/17. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows:
- €50 organic meat hamper
- Winner will be chosen at random
- Any unsuitable entries will not be eligible to win
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Happy Pear and not to any other party.
We are delighted to announce that Coolanowle Organics have won 2 gold medal awards in the prestigious Great Taste Awards.
The winning products are as follows:
1) Coolanowle Organic Merguez Beef/Lamb gluten free sausage.
2)Coolanowle Organic Beef Burger/Pattie
We are delighted to announce some new products on our website.
Organic Smoked back and Streaky Rashers now available.
On the Way: Organic Cheeses from the “LITTLE MILK COMPANY”
Organic Beef and Guinness Stew
Now with the winter approaching its time for delicious and warming Coolanowle Organic Beef and Guinness Stew.
A little more than a normal casserole.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt and ground black pepper. Coat the diced beef with this mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the meat and brown well. Pour this into a 2 pint casserole dish.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the onion, carrots and garlic to it. Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the wine, bay leaf, parsley, thyme. Pour over the meat
- Bake, covered at 175 °C for 2 ½ hours. Remove cover and add mushrooms and bake for 30 minutes more.
We are proud to announce that we have added to our range of products. These products consist of:
• Bacon Lardons
• Streaky Rashers
• Organic Beef Medallions
• Organic Flank Steak
• Organic Sucade Steak
• Organic Round Steak Pieces
• Organic Lap of Lamb
• Organic Lamb Neck
• Organic Pork Gigot Chops
• Organic Pork Schnitzel Steak
We have just started a new market in Dublin called the Green Door Market. This market is located in New Market Square, Dublin 8, just off Cork Street. This markets opening hours are 12 pm to 7 pm on Thursday and Friday and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturday.
Following the recommedations of hospitality experts
John & Francis Brennan from the ‘At your Service’
television programme, Coolanowle Country House www.coolanowle.com have converted an
old stone barn into a function room with
olde world rustic charm.
The official opening is on Tuesday the 13th November 2012.
Come along for a night of our tasty barbequed organic
meats from Coolanowle Organics www.organicmeat.ie
and lively entertainment from local folk and ballad group
NOW TAKING FUNCTION BOOKINGS!!!
Christmas parties-” Birthday parties- Christenings-
Small weddings- Conferences etc
Barbeque buffet menu and pricing available on request.
Special B&B and self catering rates for functions
We are delighted to announce that Coolanowle have been awarded 2 gold medals at the prestigious “Great Taste Awards” for our Black Pudding and 1 gold medal award for our white pudding.
Slaughtered and cut for freezer as pork or half pork and half dry cured bacon.
Sausages or mince as required.
COOLANOWLE ORGANICS NOW PREPARING PORK FOR FREEZER.
PORK , DRY CURED BACON,BACK RASHERS,FULL DRY CURED HAMS,SAUSAGES.
ANYONE WITH A GARDEN CAN RAISE 2 PIGS .WE CAN SUPPLY THE WEANLING PIGS TO GET STARTED.
2012 Award Winners FARMHOUSE OF THE YEAR 2012
Coolanowle Country House – Ballickmoyler, Co Carlow
“FarmhouseFor many people – especially families who live in cities – an Irish farm stay is just about the most idyllic holiday imaginable.
And you won’t do better than this one, Coolanowle Country House combines an organic farm, lovely B&B (with hotel-standard rooms – and self catering accommodation too, where pets are allowed), meals based on their own meats, fruit and vegetables, online produce sales, holistic treatments, even a fantastic open day with all sorts of activities – is there nothing they’ve overlooked at this impeccably maintained and hospitable family farm?
Jimmy & Bernadine Mulhall are pictured above receiving their award from Georgina Campbell on Tuesday 11th October 2011.
See coolanowle.com for more details.
Thanks to all who attended our open day on 11th.It was a great sucess and a very enjoyable family day out.Thanks to all the speakers and exhibitors.
Hopefully this will be an annual event for organic week. If anyone has any photos of the day I would love to see them .Send on email@example.com.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g streaky bacon, cut into 1cm cubes
- 18baby onions, or shallots
- 1.5 kg stewing beef steaks, cut into 4cm cubes
- 40 g flour
- 400 ml red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs parsley
- small piece orange zest
- 450 ml beef stock, or chicken stock
- 18 button mushrooms, tossed in a hot pan with 25g butter until golden
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a flame-proof casserole dish or large pan.
3. Add the bacon and cook until browned. Remove and set aside, leaving any fat in the pan.
4. Add the onions and cook, stirring, over a high heat until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside with the bacon.
5. Add the beef in batches to the hot pan and cook until browned. Season with pepper.
6. Put all the beef back into the pan and sprinkle in the flour, stirring the meat all the time.
7. Pour in the wine and garlic. Stir again and add the bay, thyme, parsley and orange zest (I sometimes tie these up with string so that I can pull them out easily later).
8. Add the bacon and onions again and enough stock to come about three-quarters of the way up the ingredients in the pot.
9. Bring to the boil, put the lid on and cook in the oven for 2 hours 30 minutes, until almost tender.
10. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook the stew for another 30-40 minutes or until the beef is tender.
11. To serve; remove the orange zest and herbs. Season with salt and pepper and serve.